URT’s Breaking Barriers Program has a range of Services available to Disability Service Providers and People with who are differently abled.
To meet the needs of Children and adults with different Needs URT – Ultimate Results Training, located at 13/16 Brampton Ave, Cranbrook, 4814 will be starting a new Special Needs Beginners fitness Camp in January 2016.
We are committed to offering the opportunity to enjoy customized fitness programs that lead to good health to those who are differently abled who sometimes fall through the cracks in the world of conventional fitness.
URT will offer customised fitness programs for children and adults of all ages with special challenges such as developmental disabilities that may include Autism , ADHD , Sensory processing disorders and down syndrome and medical conditions such as diabetes , high blood pressure , scoliosis , MS , stroke victims and Spina Bifida.
How many people can participate per session?
The average number is between 8-15, though we can cater for larger groups.
Do your programs cater for all abilities?
Yes, our programs are tailored in order to suit each individual need.
How do people who are differently abled Benefit from your Programs?
- Health Benefits: Avoiding obesity and all the associated health risks, including Type 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure, joint pressure, breathing difficulties, digestive disorders, sleep apnoea, urinary incontinence.
- Psychological Benefits: Reducing the risk of Psychological problems, such as depression, poor self esteem, negative self image, discrimination
- Social benefits. Reducing the risk of social isolation.
- Increased strength: cardiovascular health, and flexibility.
- Move more freely, live longer, and better general well-being.
- Programs are Person-Centered.
- Programs are measurable and outcome- based.
The Programs Available :
Our sessions will be set out in a way that his or her carers can also get involved and everybody has fun.
• 3 Group Training Sessions a week tailored to special needs beginners (more training is optional)
• Customised Meal plans & Nutritional Guidance and advise.
• Multiple different styles of workouts – Special needs specific Cardio boxing + Circuits + Bootcamp Style Training so you never get bored.
- Fun fitness Program. This program is delivered mainly in small groups by highly trained and experienced Personal Trainers.It will include aerobic exercises to develop and maintain a healthy and strong heart and increase lung capacity.
Stretching exercises to maintain flexibility and resistance training to strengthen muscles. Most importantly we are committed to improving and maintaining functional fitness that helps individual’s with daily functional living skills and promotes positive social interaction.
- Individual Fitness Programs – This Program is delivered to individuals with significant health support needs.
- Activity & Nutrition Seminars Coaching– Aimed at educating service users and support staff in the most appropriate nutrition and exercise options for people with disabilities.
- Healthy Living Programs – A comprehensive program where support staff and service users learn and practically apply the knowledge including meal planning, reading shopping labels, food preparation and exercise.
If you would like to try a free session
Please apply via the link below or contact Catherine at 0498 692 676